22.5.11

141/365

Taylor had her first ballet recital this weekend! She danced to "Baby Beluga" and was the cutest little beluga there ever was!! It was so neat to see her up on the big stage having so much fun. At the end of her performance the daddies went to get their little girls off the stage and brought them all flowers. It was so sweet :)

These pictures are almost all without flash (it wasn't allowed) and all are unedited (I just don't have time quite yet). I was so happy to have a good camera to work with and so glad that I have been learning how to use it and how to adapt to each situation because there were so many people in the audience that had the deer in the headlight look when they announced there was to be no flash photography. I even overheard another parent say, "I don't know how to turn my flash off!" These aren't all the best pics but I am so glad I have them! Also, some of these are from the dress rehearsal and some are from the recital. I was in different seats for each, hence the different angles.












2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Whoa!!!! I am so proud of you for being able to capture under those conditions. And some really great shots too!!! Isn't being a mom of a performer just the bomb????

May 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Ok, so Jen stole my comment cause I was gonna tell you how proud I was that you got all of these shots with movement and DARK and they are great! So glad you have them and that you took the time to "know your camera" so you weren't the mom you were talking about!

May 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home