21.6.11

172/365

This is not a great picture and it needs some explaining, but I want to remember the story more than the picture so bear with me.
Jacob has been climbing out of his crib for about the last year. The first two times it happened (and these were spaced pretty far apart in time) all we had to do was lower the crib mattress and he couldn't get out any more. Well, it got to the point that the crib won't go any lower. So he went skydiving again, but he cried a lot and didn't do it again for a long time. I thought we were in the clear to keep him in the crib for awhile. Then yesterday, twice, he was straddling the side railing and crying for me when I got him up in the morning and from his nap. Both times he told me he was going to fall so I'm pretty sure he knows it's gonna hurt! Last night I took the front off of his crib so he could just get out...and then the real trouble started!
So, last night was a nightmare. He fell out of his bed once, out of my bed once and at one point was playing in his room at midnight! Today for naptime I put him in his bed and closed the door. I could tell he was talking for awhile but not crying. After a little bit I went in to check on him. His room was a disaster and I couldn't find him. Then I saw a little hand peeking out from behind his rocking chair. He had fallen asleep on the floor behind his chair and part way on a pillow. From the looks of it he just fell asleep in the middle of what he was doing! Oh, and yes, I did check to make sure he hadn't tangled himself up in the lamp cord (that I'll be removing shortly!)
Thanks for sticking with the story, I know it's a little wordy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home