8.1.11

7/365



This one is a little late in getting up on the blog. Not because I didn't take pictures yesterday (I took lots of pictures yesterday!), but because I was out of town and we were so busy and I didn't even get back to our hotel room until after midnight. So, I figured since it was already the next day, it could wait a few more hours while I got some sleep!

We had a great time yesterday traveling to the Dallas area for the Cotton Bowl. My husband and I met while we were attending Texas A&M and we love to go back to football games as often as we can. We were able to get tickets to the bowl game since we have season tickets. The Aggies have finally had a good season and it's been a little while since we've been to a bowl game so it was very exciting to get to go. Unfortunately, we did not win against LSU, but we had a great time anyway!
Jeremy & Kendal

Our view at Jerry World. Not bad for sitting at the very top of the stadium!

That's me & my hubby! (does the bag look familiar??) And no, I'm not pregnant...even though this picture looks otherwise!


Our friends Jeremy & Kendal went to the game with us. They live up in Mansfield and Jeremy works in Fort Worth. He recommended The Ashton Hotel to us and it turned out to be a great place to stay. It's a cute little boutique hotel in downtown Fort Worth and let me tell you, downtown Fort Worth is a very lively area. There was even a line for Glee auditions wrapped around the block when we left this morning. The sheer amount of restaurants and shops amazed me. We had fun just walking around checking it all out.


The Ashton was such a neat place to stay. I took some pictures to share with you. It's registered as an historic building (read: tiny bathroom) but they have worked around this by putting a large claw foot bathtub outside of the bathroom. Sounds weird but it was cute! They even had real keys for the rooms. Not key cards like most hotels, actual keys with a brass key fob. I like the little touches. Things like having a robe and chocolate chip cookies laid out for you when you return in the evening (or wee hours of the morning.) Bottles of water and a filled ice bucket waiting for you. The tv swiveled to face the bed instead of the sitting area. Little touches, but noticeable. I would highly recommend The Ashton Hotel if you are ever in the Fort Worth area.


The beautiful claw foot tub.

Small bathroom, but very nice inside.

View from the tub to the bedroom.

Eric trying out the chaise. Sitting area behind him.

A real fire escape! I know...I get excited about weird things.

Robe & cookie laid out for us as part of their turn down service.

A nice, small touch that sums up the Ashton experience.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home