9.2.11

40/365

Practice makes perfect, right? Today I spent nap time practicing some newborn posing. Only thing is, I don't have a newborn so I had to use one of Taylor's baby dolls. And unfortunately, she doesn't move quite like a real baby, but the upside is she doesn't cry or demand to be fed either :)

I find that I love looking at newborn portraits. I think that I would love to take them, too. What I need is some experience with real, live babies to know for sure. (Yes, I have two children, but I didn't get my camera until a month before the youngest was born so I had no idea what I was doing then.) Anyway, a good friend of mine has graciously agreed to let me photograph her newborn soon so I want to be ready. I'm only putting a couple of pictures from my practice session on here so that it won't be too weird if I'm posting "real baby" pics in the same poses soon :)

She has WAY more hair than any newborn I've ever seen!

I love this turquoise bowl. In my family all of the children are traditionally bathed in a blue bowl similar to this one as newborns. There's usually a lot more crying involved :)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Doziers said...

Awesome!!!

February 10, 2011 at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home