30.1.11

30/365

Home again, home again... I had a wonderful, relaxing weekend in Decatur, but I am happy to be home with my hubby and kiddos. It's always so nice to see them after I've been away for a few days.

One of the best parts of a solo trip is having a quiet, peaceful plan ride without wrestling small children. So today I have cloud pictures for you! I can feel the excitement from you ;) Stay with me here. please.

When I first looked out the window and pulled my camera out this is what I saw.

A nice smooth carpet of white fluffy cool whip! And the bluest sky. Truly peaceful.

Then the clouds started getting a little darker and eventually I saw this.

It may be hard to tell from this picture but there is a dark wall of cloud here. I wondered is it raining directly underneath me? It was just so strange to see this nice white layer of cloud and then a complete drop off and wall of dark cloud. Hmmm...

Then we went through the clouds and had quite a bit of turbulence. I had the thought that it was like we were crawling through a bag of cotton balls trying to get out on the other side. Anyone else have other ideas on this?

So, after we went through the clouds we were between cloud layers. It was a little strange and definitely beautiful. I'm always amazed at the ways God displays his creation.





Then I saw this. It looks like waves splashing up on a beach!



Are you still with me??? really? well here are a couple more.


Goodnight!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

LOVED IT!!! What lens were you using??? Glad you are back safe!

January 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks! I was using my 28-135mm. I kept that on for most of my trip. See you tomorrow!

January 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home