10.2.11

41/365

A real live baby!! Woohooo!


When I said I was getting to photograph a friend's newborn soon, you didn't imagine I meant the very.next.day did you?? Well, due to the crazy cold weather we've had here in Texas lately we had to reschedule this session once before and I didn't want to promise 'real baby pics' and not deliver if we had to postpone again.


So, meet little baby Gibson. He's so adorable; I could just love on him all day! He was just a day shy of 3 weeks for our session which meant one thing - he would not sleep! I have read countless blogs, forums, articles, etc. on photographing newborns and the one thing that was repeated time and time again was that after week two it's hard to get the babies to sleep soundly while you are messing with them, posing them, changing their clothes, etc. This proved to be true today, but we had a wonderful time and I got to capture those beautiful blue eyes looking at me thinking, "hey Mom, who is this chick with the camera? Can't a baby get a little sleep around here?!?"





Okay, so he did sleep some...at least for a few minutes at a time :)

A HUGE thank you! to Gibs momma, Juli, for letting me take over your house for several hours, love on your sweet baby, and learn a few lessons! I'll have all the pics to you soon :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

great shots Rachel!

February 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

I am impressed. Gibson is just precious and your pictures were just perfect.

February 10, 2011 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, I am a sucker for a close up and so I find myself especially drawn to the black and white one!!
Nice job, keep on snapping!!

February 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Doziers said...

Rach,

Today was an awesome day, and I am so lucky to have such a talented snapper like you! Thanks for this, the shots are truly amazing! I am pumped!

Thank youthank you!!!

February 10, 2011 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Those are precious! Great job!

February 11, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home