23.2.11

54/365

I absolutely love Spring. To be fair, I think that I love each season as it's nearing and then I'm ready for it to be done with and move on to the next after a couple of months. But I'm sure God knew that's how we'd feel and perhaps that is why He gave us the seasons and changes to enjoy. Or maybe there's really some greater reason far beyond amusing us and that's fine by me, too. I'm just thankful to get to enjoy it while I'm here :)

So, as I sat on my front steps this afternoon, enjoying the 70 degree weather in late February, I was surveying what the freezing weather had done to the plants in our front flower beds. It's not pretty.  It needs a lot of attention. So, did I grab my gardening gloves, pruning shears and get to work? No, don't be silly...I grabbed my camera and took some pictures of the new buds coming in on our azalea and loropetalum plants!  (After all, I'm sure I know a little 4 year old who would love to help out once she gets up from her nap. I should wait for her.)
All these little tiny buds, hanging in a row.

Up close view

This is what they look like as they start to open.

Then little pink petals shoot out like streamers!

I love plants with fun little flowers!


A bud on our little azalea plant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home