20.8.11

218/365

So on this day I took a lot of pictures! If the goal was to take 365 pictures in a year I would have far exceeded that. Unfortunately for me, the goal was to do 365 days in a row which I have obviously failed to do :( However, I will continue on and see how the rest of the year goes!

These pictures are from the Southern Living Idea House in Escondido, which is in Horseshoe Bay, TX. I'm fortunate that Eric's grandparents have a lake house near there and that I could just hop over to check it out one day with my sister in law, Lauren! It was fun to see and neat to be able to see where the pieces came from and how they tied it all together. There were tons of stuff I loved, a few things I didn't care for, but mostly it was just fun to look and dream!


The ceiling with stenciled squares in the powder room.

Loved this high ceiling and huge chandelier in the living room.

I want this console for my entry way! I've even been contacting people trying to find out where it's from. Anyone know??

This was the coolest thing. An armoire front built into the stone wall to hide a storage closet.

Love the beam ceilings.

This was an interesting sink in the bar area. I don't think I've ever seen a sink this narrow!

Looking into the master bath from the bedroom. They used this Moroccan type cutout above the doorways in the bathroom which I found a little odd, given the rustic decor everywhere else.

Not sure what this is called but it was really pretty and seemed to thrive in this Texas heat!

A water feature built into a stone fireplace and hearth.

The stone fireplace surrounds one of the many courtyards.

Pretty arrangement in the kitchen. Which, by the way, did not have any upper cabinets.

Gorgeous mud room/laundry room!

Another courtyard on the side of the house. I love the archway door from the motorcourt.

I thought these sun shades were pretty neat over the chairs.

A view of the back of the house and the pool.

Close up view of the console I'm in search of. Anyone???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home