17.1.11

17/365

More Macro Monday!! haha :) I was inspired today by the post on the Clickin Moms blog, "A Macrolicious Tutorial", by Kathryn.  There's some great information there on how to put your macro lens to its best use and get those macrolicious shots. I love that word...macrolicious. ha!

Macro photography can be a whole new world of things to try and a new way of looking at the same old objects. I set about my house today trying to find things that might be interesting up close. First, I looked at the flowers. Then I realized that all of the indoor plants are fake (or faux, if you prefer :) ) I have an indoor cat and two little ones that would love to take apart any real greenery. So, since I didn't want to show you dust covered faux plants, I passed. Then, I tried to take close-ups of our hermit crab, Scady. (guess who named him...I mean 'her')  Well, Scady didn't take kindly to me waking 'her' up and quickly hid in her shell every time I moved the camera even slightly. She was acting like such a hermit!

Finally, I caught a glimpse of my china cabinet and decided to try that out. It has a light on the inside of it, which is helpful with picture taking. I love the clean, graceful lines of the cups and saucers. And still, 8 1/2 years later, I love the baby blue accent plates. Our china is Lenox Courtyard Gold. It's discontinued now, but luckily we were blessed by so many sending us pieces in our early, early years that we have almost the whole collection. The china is a creamy ivory with a white damask pattern around the edge and the accent plates are ivory in the center with pale blue rims also decorated with the white damask scroll. (I will probably be informed that it is not truly a damask pattern and that is ok, I just don't know what else to call it.) Aah...I really should use these everyday. We did use them at Christmas when all of Eric's family was over. I think I'm getting off topic...

So, this is a photo blog and I've spent three paragraphs rambling. On to the pictures! Oh, wait. I have to tell you the answer to last nights macro trivia. Well, Ms. Jennifer, (ahem...my only commenter) you were absolutely correct! Those pictures were of the baubles from my necklace that I was wearing yesterday. And that I have tried to wear almost everyday since I found it at the Ann Taylor outlet in Round Rock. I love that store! (anyone ever wonder about me having a daughter named Taylor??) haha!

Okay, four paragraphs later...here they are:



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home